Świętokrzyskie Voivodeship is situated in the south-east of Poland. The region is located in the centre of the country, where a lot of important communication routes cross. Świętokrzyskie has an area of 11.691 km2. It is divided into 102 communes and 14 districts, including the magistrate district – Kielce.
11 710 sq km
109/ sq km
Ostrowiec Świętokrzyski, Starachowice, Skarżysko Stone, Sandomierz, Końskie
Special Economic Zones
Industrial & Technology Parks
Kielce Technology Park
Investor Assistance Centre
Świętokrzyskie borders six voivodeships: from the north – Mazovia, from the east – Lubelskie, from the south-east – Subcarpathian, from the south – Little Poland, form the south-west – Silesia, and from the west – Łódź. The whole region is located in the left-side part of the Vistula river-basin. The main urban, industrial and cultural centre is Kielce.Other big cities are: Ostrowiec Świętokrzyski, Starachowice, Skarżysko-Kamienna i Sandomierz.
Świętokrzyskie has a lot to boast about. Polish ore and rock mining was born here. Also, the tradition of metallurgy, ceramics and masonry is deeply rooted in the region. Rich natural resources promote the production of cement and plaster. Świętokrzyskie is famous for the largest construction companies in Poland which prepare and implement projects all around the country. Companies from the UK, France, German, Japan, Belgium, USA have invested in the region. Apart from natural resources, the voivodeship offers well-qualified and professional staff.
Targi Kielce is a prominent symbol of the voivodeship. It is the second largest trade fair centre in Poland. The centre is located at the intersection of major national and international roads. Here you will find the only demonstration area in the country where a dynamic presentation of heavy construction, transport and military equipment can take place.
Economic development of many areas in Świętokrzyskie vivodeship is supported by the Special Economic Zone “Starachowice” SA. in Starachowice. It has a tremendous impact on the introduction of modern technology and the mitigation of unemployment. In the voivodeship region there develops Polish Telecom – Satellite Service Centre “City SAT” in Psary. The only Independent Organizational Unit TP in Europe which uses the latest satellite technology.
Favourable weather, fertile soil, clean air create excellent conditions for agricultural development. Despite the fragmentation and medium-quality of soil (except for southern and eastern part), the crops of vegetables and fruit are much better than in other voivodeships. Świętokrzyskie Voivodeship is also a major supplier of potatoes, cereal, milk products and butter. In addition, it specialises in pigs and cows farming. There are also numerous fish ponds and poultry farms.
The Świętokrzyskie Mountains are easily accessible for tourist traffic. The density of local roads makes it possible to get to all tourist attractions (caves, large forest complexes, cultural monuments) without any problems. The increase in environmental awareness and expenditures on environmental protection have led to the restoration of the environment from the decades before. As a result there have appeared long forgotten plants and animal species (beavers, eagles).
- readily available and highly qualified industrial workforce
- well-developed economic infrastructure, e.g. financial institutions in Kielce and other big cities
- developed educational base
- promising opportunities for the development of agriculture and food production
- rich mineral deposits used for the production of building materials
- mineral springs known for their therapeutic properties
- various health resorts, hotels and private guesthouses
- successive modernization of road network (S7 Expressway and national roads: 74 and 73)
- relatively low-cost workforce (average monthly salary – 2939 zł; gross labor cost – from 1 000 to 2 300 PLN)
- databases of areas available for investment
High potential sectors
Metallurgy and Metalworking
- rich industrial heritage
- local companies and factories such as Zakłady Metalowe „MESKO” (producer of ammunition and missiles), Huta Ostrowiec (steel plant), Zakłady Górniczo-Metalowe „Zębiec” (mining and metal processing plant), Fabryka Samochodów Ciężarowych „Star” ( truck manufacturer)
- Świętokrzyskie Zagłębie Odlewniczo-Kooperacyjne
- potential subsupplier and business partners: Zakłady Górniczo- Metalowe „Zębiec”(mining and metal processing plant), „Perfopol” Sp. z o.o. (producer of perforated metal), NSK Bearings S.A. (producer of bearings, steering systems and other automobile components), Centrum Produkcyjne Pneumatyki „Prema” S.A. (producer of pneumatic control elements and systems), Zakłady Metalowe „Mesko” S.A. (producer of ammunition and missiles), Celsa „Huta Ostrowiec” Sp. z o.o. (steel plant), Odlewnie Polskie S.A. (foundry), MAN Star Trucks&Buses Sp. z o.o. (producer of trucks, coaches, city buses, engines and automobile components), Fabryka Kotłów “Sefako” S.A z Sędziszowa (manufacturer of power generating boilers and boiler components), Delfo Polska S.A Kielce (welding company), Schmidt Automotive Polska Sp. z o.o. (producer of multifunctional machines, railway and airport equipment, automobile components; provider of road maintenance services), Odlewnia „Ostrowiec“ Sp. z o.o. (foundry located in Ostrowiec Świętokrzyski), Kielecka Fabryka Pomp „Białogon“ S.A (pump manufacturing plant), Zakład Pojazdów Specjalnych „Auto SHL“ S.A. (manufacturer of specialised vehicles), Fabryka Maszyn Pralniczych „Prama“ Sp. z o.o. (producer of washing machines, dryer and other laundry appliances) , Zakład Urządzeń Kotłowych S.A in Stąporków (supplier of a wide range of products for the power engineering and metal industry), Zakład Wyrobów Metalowych METAL-KOP Sp. z o.o. in Busko-Zdrój (manufacturer of metal components), WW „Dromech” Sp.J. in Ostrowiec Świętokrzyski (producer of tanks and containment products), Zakłady Mechaniczne „Bifamet” Sp. z o.o. from Jędrzejów (producer of TPK 80 lathes and telescope guide casings), „Gerda 3” Sp. z o.o. (producer of doors, locks and padlocks), „Ulma – System” S.A. (manufacturer of formwork and scaffolding systems), „Orizzonte” Polska Sp. z o.o. (supplier of moulds and punches regeneration services), „G-Plus Partners Sp. z o.o. ( manufacturer of metal components), „Gerda 2” Sp. z o.o. (producer of doors and locks), „Per-eko” Sp. z o.o. (producer of heating appliances), FHU „Mag-kas” (producer of foundry products and construction materials), ZPHU „Mikron Bis” (producer of metal products and metal manufacturing machinery), „Star Metal Products” Sp. z o.o. (producer of metal products), „Star-Chem” Sp. z o.o., „Starpol II” Sp. z o.o. (producer of harnesses), „Renomet” Recykling Sp. z o.o. (vehicle collection and car dismantling services), „Irb” Sp. z o.o. (producer of roof bolting, broad range of tools and technical equipment), ZPH „Prodhurt Bis” (producer of metal elements and units), ZUPH „Ag-Pol” (producer of dressed stones, flagstones and building structures), Fabryka Śrub i Elementów Złącznych BEA-STAR” Sp. z o.o. (manufacturer of screws and fasteners), „A-Galtech” Sp. z o.o. (development company), „Teknamotor” Sp. z o.o. (producer of choppers), „Hydroma” Sp. z o.o., „Provost” Polska Sp. z o.o. (manufacturer of industrial racking and shelving systems), P.U.T. „Spag”, Zakłady Urządzeń Kotłowych „Stąporków” S.A.,„Prefabryka” Sp. z o.o. (producer of modular buildings), „Mikrostar” Mechanika Precyzyjna (manufacturer of precision mechanical components), Technologie Specjalne Sp. z o.o., PPH „Logis” Sp. z o.o. (tube producer), „Telesto” Sp. z o.o. (production of appliances for firefighting, dust control and object decontamination purposes), Fabryka Kotłów „Sefako” S.A. (production of heating appliance), „Promet” S.A. (manufacturers of nails), „Woj.” Sp. z o.o., P.P.H.U. „Goset Duo” s.c.,„Cht” Sp. z o.o. , „Star Bud” Sp. z o.o., Hyab Alucrom” Sp. z o.o. (company specializing in in the surface treatment of large size steel elements), „Polonica” Sp.z o.o. (producer of roofing slate)
- Kielce University of Technology (courses: Mechatronics and Machine Building, Automatics and Robotics, Electrical Engineering)
- the largest construction companies in Poland
- major foreign investors in the region come from Great Britain, France, Germany, Japan, Belgium, and the United States
- highly-trained and dedicated workforce
- construction cluster comprising over 3 000 construction companies, e.g. Dorbud S.A., Skanska S.A., Trakt Sp. z o.o., Geolbud S.A,Fakt Budownictwo Sp. z o.o.,Kolporter Development S.A, Echo Investment S.A, BI Sp. z o.o.,Master Kort Sp.z o.o.,Eiffage – Mitex S.A,Fart Sp. z o.o.,Kartel S.A, Condite S.A, Akwedukt Sp. z o.o., Chemadin Export Sp.z o.o., Hydromel Końskie Sp.z o.o.
- large network of subcontractors and suppliers interior and exterior finishing materials: „Cersanit” S.A. (producer of bathroom ceramics), „Barlinek” S.A. (leading producer of wood flooring), PPH „Jezierski” (building carpentry), „Nordiska Ekofiber” Sp. z o.o. (producer of cellulose thermal insulation materials), „CK Bruk” S.A. (cobble manufacturer),„Fabet” S.A. (producer of concrete-based construction elements), „Holzexport” Sp. z o.o. (parquet producer), „Ceramika Końskie” Sp. z o.o. (producer of ceramic tiles), „Stolbud Włoszczowa” S.A (manufacturer of wooden windows and doors), „Alpol” Sp. z o.o. (producer of construction chemistry)
- Kielce University of Technology (courses: Construction, Electronic Engineering,secondary vocational schools (Secondary Technical School of Building Construction and Geodesy, Post-secondary School of Building Construction)
- international enterprises such as Skanska AB (Sweden), Epstein (USA), Ferrovial (Spain), Acciona (Spain), Apollo-Rida Poland (USA), Bau Holding Strabag AG (Austria), BEG S.A and Eiffage Construction (France)
Therapeutic and Rehabilitation Services
- outstanding natural and climate conditions
- remarkable and numerous nature reserves that constitute 66% of the total region’s area
- national parks, large forest complexes, beautiful lakes and rivers
- abundant mineral water reserves (3rd place in Poland in terms of ground-water resources; sulphur and bromine-rich
- therapeutic centers offering a wide range of treatment services to meet a variety of patients’ needs
- professional medical stuff
- recognized health resorts in Busko-Zdrój, Solec-Zdrój and Czarniecka Góra
- 11 health and rehabilitation centers (1491 beds) and 3 spa hospitals (534 beds) located in Busk and Solec-Zdrój
- favorable natural conditions for the development of spa resorts
- competitive prices and low maintenance costs,attractive alternative tourism opportunities
Leszcze - Nida Valley
Kopaniny - Ceramika Gres Company
Celsa Huta Ostrowiec PCL
Samsonowicza Street 2
Tel.: (41) 249-23-02
Fax: (41) 249-22-22
CELSA Steel Mill Ostrowiec provides services in thermal and mechanical processing of steel products, railway transport and telecommunication. The Company’s products are applicable in the construction, chemical, power generation, mining, iron and steel machine building, shipbuilding, transmission, oil and gas, and car industries. All CELSA’s products, rolled as well as forged, are highly recognized by both domestic and global customers.
Al. Solidarności 36
Tel.: (41) 315-80-03
Fax: (41) 315-80-06
CERSANIT JSC is one of the leading manufacturing companies with Polish capital on the European market. The Capital Group’s main business is manufacturing and distributing of the products used to finish and equip bathrooms, such as: sanitary ceramic products, ceramic tiles, shower cubicles, acrylic bathtubs and shower trays, bathroom furniture and other bathroom accessories. The Group is active on the domestic and foreign markets. The main direction of foreign sales are the East European markets, such as Russia and Ukraine, and the European Union member states’ markets, such as, among others, Lithuania, Latvia, Estonia, the Czech Republic, Slovakia, Hungary, Romania, Bulgaria, Germany, France, Great Britain, Ireland, Sweden and Denmark.
Pilkington Poland PCL
Port Street 24
Tel.: (15) 832-30-41
Fax: (15) 832-39-25
Pilkington, founded in 1826, has been a member of the NSG Group since June 2006. The Company is the leader in the world flat glass industry, and one of the largest manufacturers of glass and glazing products for the car and construction industries. It has 28 500 employees, and sells its products in over 130 countries.
Ożarów Group JSC
Tel.: (15) 839-11-00
Fax: (15) 839-13-88
The Group Ożarów JSC, known earlier as the Cement Mill Ożarów, has been present on the construction materials market since 1978, offering a wide assortment of high quality cements. Through the member companies, the Group Ożarów conducts activity in the following product sectors: cement, lime, cellular concrete, asphalt and aggregates.
KIZCHS Siarkopol JSC
Tel.: (15) 864-80-00
Fax: (15) 864-37-17
The Sulphur Mines and Chemical Works Siarkopol JSC in Grzybów launched activity on June1, 1966. Currently, Siarkopol JSC is the only enterprise in the whole world to mine native sulphur.
Al. Solidarności 36
Tel.: (41) 333-11-11
Fax: (41) 333-00-00
Barlinek JSC is the biggest in Poland and one of the world distributors of floorboards, veneer, skirting boards and pellets. A trademark of the Company- the three-layer floorboard made of top quality domestic and exotic wood is exported to 50 countries in four continents. The Company conducts activity wihtin the Capital Group Barlinek.
DS Smith JSC, Poland
Malików Street 150
Tel.: (41) 367-32-50
Fax: (41) 345-64-40
DS Smith Polska JSC is a leading manufacturer of corrugated board and packaging, operating in Poland since 1971. It is a member of the international DS Smith Group. It is a company with a wide and, at the same time, unique production offer both on the Polish and Central European market.
Jędrzejowska Street 79C
Tel.: (41) 388-10-00
Fax: (41) 388-10-01
ZPUE JSC, whose main product are container transformer stations, is the largest transformer station manufacturer in Poland and one of the largest in Europe, with sales of 700 transformer stations per year. The Company offers a full range of transformer stations, such as: housings manufactured in concrete and metal, ( including aluminium); with external or internal service access; equipped with switchgear up to 36kV (air or SF6 isolation).
Ceramics Końskie PCL
Ceramiczna Street 5
Tel.: (41) 375-49-22
Fax: (41) 375-49-30
Ceramika Końskie Ltd. has been manufacturing ceramic products since 1996 and functions on the construction materials market as a company wDistrict Cooperative Dairy Plant in Włoszczowa was established in 1936. In the beginning, the Dairy was known mostly for the production of ripened cheeses. With time, the range of assortment has been enlarged by a variety of milk products. Currently, the Dairy purchases milk from approximately 5000 milk providers, including 3000 members of the Cooperative.ith foreign capital. The Company’s Italian origin has influenced its development and it is currently setting standards regarding the range of products. Wall and floor tiles manufactured by Ceramika Końskie Ltd. are produced on the basis of Italian machines and technology, but from Polish materials and under the management of Polish specialists. Products of Ceramika Końskie Ltd. meet the strickest European requirements, thanks to which they are fully recognized by many demanding foreign recipients.
District Dairy Cooperative Włoszczowa
Tel.: (41) 388-33-00
Fax: (41) 388-33-07
Okręgowa Spółdzielnia Mleczarska we Włoszczowie swą działalność rozpoczęła w 1936 roku. OSM we Włoszczowie we wczesnych latach swej działalności znana była głównie z produkcji serów dojrzewających, z czasem asortyment wzbogacony został w “galanterię mleczarską”.Mleczarnia obecnie skupuje mleko surowe od około 5000 dostawców, w tym jest około 3000 członków.
Ceramika Nowa Gala JSC
Ceramiczna Street 1
Tel.: (41) 390-11-00
Fax: (41) 390-11-02
The main area of activity of the Capital Group Ceramika Nowa Gala S.A. is manufactering and distributing of glazed stoneware tiles, which are produced from mineral materials in two mills located in Końskie and one in Kopaniny.