Lubelszczyzna is situated in mid-eastern Poland, and is bordered by Podkarpackie Voivodeship to the south, Świętokrzyskie Voivodeship to the south-west, Mazowieckie Voivodeship to the west and Podlaskie Voivodeship to the north.To the north-east it is bordered by Belarussia, and to the south-east by Ukraine. It is one of the largest Polish regions (third largest in terms of area). It covers an area of 25,114 sq km, which constitutes 8% of the total area of Poland.
25 114 sq km
2 175.3 thousand,
86/ sq km
Chełm, Zamość, Biała Podlaska, Puławy
Special Economic Zones
Industrial & Technology Parks
Science and Technology Park of Lubelskie Voivodeship
Investor Assistance Centre
Such a convenient location combined with experience in business relations with eastern border foreign partners makes Lubelskie a favourable site for investors wishing to do business in the vicinity of Eastern markets. Good infrastructure of border crossings and prospective modernization of main roads is an additional encouragement.
Thanks to four universities and several private colleges, Lubelskie abounds in excellent human resources, which – together with relatively low costs of labour- proves stimulating for employers. Moreover, the university centres educate foreigners from both the countries of the Commonwealth of Independent States and the USA or Israel.And this enables to make lasting international bonds at an early stage.Additionally, owing to a substantial base of scientist and researchers, the sector of new technologies has become the most promising for the regional economy. Another advantage is a team of well-educated experts and scientists concentrated around Science and Technology Park of Lubelskie Voivodeship.
The economy of the region is based on agriculture because Lubelszczyzna is a large and important farmland in Poland. Due to good soil and climatic conditions Lubelskie is the country’s leader in crop-raising and fruit-growing,especially hops and soft fruits.It is also a world-known apiculture centre and herb-cultivation area. One can note an increasing significance of organic agriculture connected with the sector of renewable sources of energy.There is also a growing interest in organic food among health conscious individual consumers.
Lubelskie Voivodeship is a great tourist attraction.There are thousands of kilometers of tourist routes, several national parks and nature reserves.Hundreds of agrotourist farms, famous for traditional regional cuisine, arrange walking tours,trips and white water rafting, providing close-to-nature relaxation.Some sites have gained universal recognition: the Old City of Zamość has been inscribed on the UNESCO World Cultural Heritage List, and the Holy Trinity Chapel of Lublin Castle- on the European Cultural Heritage List.
An agricultural character of the region is shown in the food processing industry, which has been dominated by dairies (e.g. Krasnystaw) and fruit-and-vegetable processing plants.
Quite unexpectedly, Lubelszczyzna has turned out to be Poland’s second largest coalfield, and the Bogdanka Colliery (with deposits of mineral coal) is considered to be one of the safest coal-mines in the country, generating high profits. Also found in the region chalk and lime deposits stimulate development of the building industry.Mineral fertilizers are produced in Azoty Puławy. Other world-known establishments are Polish Aviation Works and Nałęczów Spa.
Several economic zones and subzones have been established in the region, and Agricultural Stock Market in Elizówka enjoys a great popularity among sellers and buyers.Thousands of visitors come to the International Fairs which are held in Lublin.
There are six road border crossings, four railway border crossings and two international air border crossings ( in Świdnik and Biała Podlaska), which are managed by Lubelski Zarząd Przejść Granicznych in Chełm on behalf of the voivode. On the border with Belarussia the road border crossings are in Kukuryki, Terespol and Sławatycze; and the railway border crossing is in Terespol. On the border with Ukraine the road border crossings are in Dorohusk, Hrebenne and Zosin; and the railway border crossing are in Dorohusk, Hrubieszów and Hrebenne.
Advantages of Lubelskie Voivodeship
Advantages of the Lublin Province
- Located on the international transport track – Paneuropean corridor of East-West
- The neighbourhood of Belarus and the Ukraine markets
- Educational and scientific-and-research high potential of high schools
- Big resources of cheap working force
- Good conditions of development of agriculture, farm and food processing, machinery and wood manufacture, offshoring
type services and tourism
- Relatively low costs of payment: 87,9% of the national average
- Transfrontier institutional cooperation within Euroregion at the Bug River
High potential sectors
- Suitable natural conditions for ecological food sector development: agrarian area is 68% of the province area, forests take 22,5% of the area, climate conditions enable growing all plans typical of our geographic and climate zone, around 400 licensed farms in the Lubelskie province produce ecological food based on the methods of plant and animal eco-production
- Organized agricultural market: 3 big farm exchanges: Lubelska Giełda Rolno-Ogrodnicza w Elizówce k/Lublina (Lublin Agriculture and Gardening Exchange in Elizówka nearby Lublin), Wschodnia Giełda Zbożowo-Towarowa w Lublinie – Giełda Rolno – Eksportowa, Wschodnie Centrum Agroeksportu Biała Podlaska – Giełda Rolno – Eksportowa, (Eastern Crops and Goods Exchange in Lublin – Agriculture and Farm Exchange, Eastern Center of Agroexport Biała Podlaska – Farm and Export Exchange) market and exhibition events organized by Międzynarodowe Targi Lubelskie S.A. (the International Lublin Markets Joint Stock Company)
- Potentate in growing many plants, vegetables and fruit: hop-plant – 83% of the national production, tobacco – 43% of the national production, raspberries – 75% of the national production, currants – 32% of the national production, strawberries – 18% of the national production, sugar beetroots – 13% of the national production, potatoes – 8% of the national production.
- Strong apiarian traditions: the only in the country and Europe specialized apiarian school in Pszczela Wola; apiculture is a traditional activity in many farms
- Access to well qualified working force: the University of Life Sciences in Lublin (12 288 students)
- Scientific and research basis within agriculture:
- Instytut Agrofizyki im.B. Dobrzańskiego PAN (B. Dobrzański’s Institute of Agrophysics PAN)
- Instytut Medycyny Wsi im. Witolda Chodźki (Witold Chodźki’s Institute of Agricultural Medicine)
- Instytut Nawozów Sztucznych w Puławach (Fertilizers Research Institute in Puławy)
- Instytut Uprawy, Nawożenia i Gleboznawstwa w Puławach (Institute of Soil Science and Plant Cultivation in Puławy)
- Państwowy Instytut Weterynaryjny (National Veterinary Research Institute)
- Państwowy Instytut Badawczy (National Research Institute)
- Instytut Melioracji i Użytków Zielonych w Lublinie (The Institute of Drainage and Green Area in Lublin)
- Potential cooperator and sub-suppliers:
- Sugar plans in Krasnystaw and Rejowiec
- Huge dairy plants such as: Spomlek – Radzyń Podlaski, Biomlek – Chełm, OSM Krasnystaw, Piaski, Lublin, Ryki
- Firms dealing with meat industry such as Łmeat Łuków
- Firms dealing with brewery such as Browary Lubelskie (Pearl-Lublin Brewery) in Lublin, Zwierzyniec or Janów Lubelski
- Crops-and-miller’s firms such as pasta factory Lubella, Zamojskie Zakłady Zbożowe (Zamojskie Crops Factory)
- Firms dealing with tobacco such as Lubelskie Zakłady Tytoniowe (Lublin Tobacco Factory)
- Firms dealing with alcohol such as Polmos Lublin
- Firms dealing with herbs such as Herbapol Lublin and fruit-and-vegetable, for example Materne Poland in Łopatki
nearby Nałęczów, Osmofrost in Osmolice, Agram in Lublin
- Suitable natural conditions for the production of bio-petrol and the development of eco-energy based on bio-mass: financing modern technologies within Regional Strategy of Innovation, possibilities of cultivation on fertile soil (over 75% of total arable ground in the province) plants being good source of energy (salix viminalis, sida hermaphrodita, oil-seed rape); around 30% of annual straw production in the Lublin Region may be used energetically.
- Support of local government for modern agrarian techniques: the production of highly processed articles with the usage of modern technologies and management systems specified by the standards of European Union
- Suitable location and communication conditions:
- There are frontier crossings at the province area (3 frontier crossings with Belarus and 4 with the Ukraine)
- In Koroszczyn there’s the most modern customs terminal in Poland (fitosanitary and vet)
- The province transport arterial roads are included in the system of European corridors: future motorway A-2
(Berlin-Terespol), road no 19: prolongation of the corridor Helsinki-Ryga-Kowno-Warsaw to the south, road no 17
Warsaw-Hrebenne (the frontier of the country with the Ukraine), road no 12 – linking the western frontier from Żary with
the eastern frontier in Dorohusk, internationally important railways
- Firms at the province area
- C. Hartwig
- Trade Trans
- M&M Militzer&Munch
Machinery and manufacture
- Industry traditions: the production of passenger cars since 1918, the production of lorries after 1945, installations of French (Peugeot) and Korean cars (Daewoo) in Lublin in 1990s.
- Międzynarodowe Targi Lubelskie S.A. (International Lubelskie Markets JSC organizing professional market and exhibition events
- The network of potential sub-suppliers and cooperators:
- Sitma S.A. – the production of agricultural machinery
- Koncern Same Deutz Fahr – the production of farm and garden tractors
- Factories WSK PZL Świdnik
- Spomasz – the production of machines and equipment for consumption trade
- Tsubaki Hoover – the production of rolling-element bearing
- Caterpillar – the production of sub elements for building equipment
- Proper scientific-and-research basis and qualified staff:
- Lublin University of Technology
- Lubelski Park Naukowo-Technologiczny Województwa Lubelskiego (Lublin Science and Technology Park in the Lublin province)
- Science Park – Technology Lublin Province
- WSK „PZL- Świdnik”
- Technological Park in Świdnik – research and development potential Of Lublin University of Technology, cooperation
with Stowarzyszenie Dolina Lotnicza (Association Air Valley with the podkarpacie province)
- Investment incentives: support by Regional Strategy of Innovation within advanced technologies and innovations
- Qualified staff: around 105 000 students in the region (including 80 000 in Lublin), 47% of inhabitants are people up to 35 years old
- Relatively low costs of work: 87,9% of the national average
- Proper learning basis:
- Uniwersytet Marii Curie-Skłodowskiej w Lublinie (Maria Curie-Skłodowska University in Lublin)
- Katolicki Uniwersytet Lubelski (the John Paul II Catholic University of Lublin)
- Uniwersytet Przyrodniczy w Lublinie (University of Life Sciences in Lublin)
- Akademia Medyczna w Lublinie (Medical University of Lublin)
- Politechnika Lubelska (Lublin University of Technology)
- Wyższa Szkoła Przedsiębiorczości i Administracji w Lublinie (College of Enterprise and Administration in Lublin)
- Wyższa Szkoła Społeczno-Przyrodnicza w Lublinie (The University of Vincent Pol in Lublin)
- Wyższa Szkoła Ekonomii i Innowacji w Lublinie (College of Economy and Innovation in Lublin)
- Wyższa Szkoła Nauk Społecznych w Lublinie (College of Society Science in Lublin)
- Lubelska Wyższa Szkoła im. Króla Władysława Jagiełły (King Władysław Jagiełło College of Lublin)
- Wyższa Szkoła Zarządzania i Administracji w Zamościu (Zamość University of Management and Administration)
- Wyższa Szkoła Humanistyczno-Ekonomiczna im. Jana Zamoyskiego w Zamościu (Jan Zamoyski College of
Humanities and Economy in Zamość)
- Państwowa Wyższa Szkoła Zawodowa w Chełmie (The State School of Higher Education in Chełm)
- Wyższa Szkoła Zarządzania i Przedsiębiorczości w Chełmie (Bogdan Jański College of Management and Enterprise
- Państwowa Wyższa Szkoła Zawodowa w Białej Podlaskiej (Pope John Paul II University in Biała Podlaska)
- Instytut Wychowania Fizycznego AWF (University of Physical Education)
- Wyższa Szkoła Oficerska Sił Powietrznych w Dęblinie (College of Officer Air Forces in Dęblin)
- Szkoła Wyższa im. B. Jańskiego w Chełmie (Bogdan Jański College in Chełm)
- Wyższa Szkoła Stosunków Międzynarodowych Komunikacji (College of Internatioanl Relations of Communication)
- Firms from the sector BPO (Call Center) in the region:
- Żagiel S.A.
- Telekomunikacja Polska S.A.(Polish Telecommunication JSC)
- Natural environment attractive for tourists and good area for resting:
- Kazimierz Dolny – the town of artists
- Pojezierze Łęczyńsko-Włodawskie (Łęczyńsko-Włodawskie Lakeland)– large forests complexes
- Roztocze – varied highland sculpture and charming touristic towns
- Solska Primeval Forest and Janowskie Forests – a large forest complex almost unique in Europe
- Zemborzycki Reservoir, Janów Podlaski – famous for beautiful stud-farm and the biggest in Poland event “Pride
of Poland” that promotes and sells Arabic horses
- Numerous historically and religiously important objects, e.g. pilgrimage places, catholic and orthodox sanctuaries
- Landscape parks and protective landscape area of great importance for the promotion of eco- and agro-tourism:
- Podlaski Przełom Bugu (Podlaski Gorge of the Bug River)
- Małopolski Przełom Wisły (Małopolski Gorge of the Vistula)
- Rezerwat Biosfery “Polesie Zachodnie” (“Western Polesie” Biozone Reservoir)
- Wyżyna Lubelska i Wołyńska (Lubelska and Wołyńska Highland)
- Polesie Wołyńskie
- Parki Krajobrazowe: Chełmski i Strzelecki, Roztoczański Park Narodowy, Poleski Park Narodowy (Landscape Parks:
Chełmski and Strzelecki, Roztoczański National Park, Poleski National Park)
- Health resorts: Nałęczów – cardiologic health resort of European range
- Traditions in breeding horses: stud-farm of pure blood Arabic horses in Janów Podlaski
- Stud-farm in Białka, breeding Polish horses in Roztoczański National Park
- Foreign Capital in tourism and recreation: Lublin Grand Hotel Sp. z o.o., Mercure-Unia-Accor Hotels, Campanille, Zakład Leczniczy “Uzdrowisko Nałęczów” (Health Resort “Spa Nałęczów”), Hotel Europa
Cement factory in Chełm
Zakłady Azotowe “Puławy” Spółka Akcyjna
Al. Tysiąclecia Państwa Polskiego 13
Tel.: (81) 886-34-31
Fax: (81) 565-28-56
ZA Puławy Co. has been the leader of Polish industry in the field of chemicals and fertilizers for over 40 years. The fact that the company is located in central Europe, central-eastern Poland allows it to exist on both the demanding EU market and the rapidly developing eastern markets. Company products are also present on the U.S. markets.
Black Red White SA
Krzeszowska 63 Street
Tel.: (84) 685-02-02
Fax: (84) 685-02-90
Black Red White Group is the largest Polish group of furniture manufacturers. They produce and distribute furniture and furnishing articles with 20% market share in terms of sales value. The company offers high quality living room furniture, kitchen furniture, upholstered furniture and chairs and tables of a variety of styles. Black Red White Group invests approximately 30% of its sales abroad. Their products are available outside the Polish market in over 50 countries including: the Czech Republic, Slovakia, Hungary, Romania, Croatia, Bulgaria, Russia, Latvia, Lithuania, Ukraine, Belarus, Kazakhstan, Greece, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Germany Austria, Belgium, Holland, Scandinavia, Great Britain, Ireland, the USA and Canada.
PKP Linia Hutnicza Szerokotorowa spółka z o.o.
Szczebrzeska 11 Street
Tel.: (84) 638-62-23
Fax: (84) 638-52-36
PKP Broad Gauge Metallurgical Railway Line Limited Liability Company begun operation in the field of railway transport of goods in 2001. It performs the function of a shipment company and the railway administrator of the 400 km long broad-gauge (1520 mm) railway line connecting the Polish-Ukrainian Izow - Hrubieszów border crossing with Sławków LHS station located 30 km from Katowice. Through the Ukrainian broad-gauge rail system – LHS has the direct access to the railway lines in all CIS countries, including the Trans-Siberian Railway and the New Silk Route via Kazakhstan to China.
Mostostal Puławy S.A.
Budowlanych 5 Street
Tel.: (81) 473-12-40
Fax: (81) 473-12-44
Mostostal Puławy Co. ,owned by the Group Mostostal Co., is a significant company on the construction market. He specializes in the construction and installation of steel structures and in industrial buildings. For over 40 years Mostostal Puławy has been one of the best construction companies in Poland. It is a well known and respected contractor on the foreign markets.
Spółdzielcza Mleczarnia SPOMLEK
Kleeberga 12 Street
21-300 Radzyń Podlaski
Tel.: (83) 351-15-00
Today Spomlek Dairy Cooperative is one of the largest producers of ripening cheese – the leader in the category of noble cheese. The company combines the most modern equipment in the country with traditional production methods and unique recipes developed by the cheesemakers from Radzyń. The cooperative processes approximately 170 million liters of cow’s milk annually. In 2008 it produced 8500 tons of ripening cheese (yellow). In addition, Spomlek also offers powdered products (including milk and whey), milk, butter and yogurt.
Zakłady Mięsne Łmeat-Łuków S.A.
ul. Przemysłowa 15
Tel.: (25) 798-24-01
Fax: (25) 798-42-32
Zakłady Mięsne Łmeat Łuków Co. are among the largest and most modern producers of meat in Poland.. The company owes it’s good position to modern technologies and well-qualified and experienced staff. The majority of their products are exported. They are present on the markets of Georgia, Azerbaijan, Albania, Bulgaria, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Serbia and Montenegro, Macedonia, Turkey, Uzbekistan, Syria, Kazakhstan, Ukraine, Moldova, Russia, Belarus, Romania, Switzerland, the USA, Canada and Japan.
Fabryka Łożysk Tocznych – Kraśnik S.A.
ul. Fabryczna 6
Tel.: (81) 825-71-01
Fax: (81) 825-76-66
FŁT-Kraśnik Co. is the first company in Poland which started the production of antifriction bearings in 1948. FŁT-Kraśnik Co. has a well-organized distribution network in the country and abroad, which guarantees full service in bearings‘ sales including direct deliveries to the production lines with “just in time” method. Since its foundation the factory has produced more than 1 billion pieces of bearings primarily for the manufacturers of trucks, passenger cars, , electric motors, forklift trucks, reducers and motoreducers and for the arms, agriculture, steel and mining industries.
ul. Borowa 4
Tel.: (82) 576-28-61
Fax: (82) 576-28-60
Today, OSM Krasnystaw is a modern company that cooperates with nearly three hundred distributors of dairy products in Poland and with more than 10,000 milk suppliers from 23 counties of Lublin and Subcarpathian Voivodeships. The company employs about a thousand workers and processes 160 million liters of milk per year. Their revenues are rapidly increasing. It is a company with an almost 100-year tradition, whose roots date back to early XX century. OSM Krasnystaw was founded in Krasnystaw on 3rd October, 1913. Their export product is powder milk which goes to Asia, South America, the European Union and Africa
Grupa Handlowa Emperia
ul. Mełgiewska 7-9
Tel.: (81) 748-55-55
Fax: (81) 746-32-89
The Emperia Trading Group is one of the largest and most active trading groups on the Polish market. They deal with the retail and wholesale of food products, cosmetics, and household chemistry products. The Emperia Trading Group distributes FMCG articles through the chain of Cash&Carry and many other distribution centres throughout Poland.
ul. Kunickiego 20-24
Tel.: (81) 532-22-31
Fax: (81) 532-02-00
The PROTEKTOR Capital Group specializes in the production and sales of high quality protective, military and specialist footwear of high safety class (safety, occupational, fire-fighters’ and trekking shoes) for a wide range of customers, mostly from the EU, but also from Asia, Africa and South America. The product portfolio also includes models for young people, hunters or motorcyclists.
FTK Sp. z o.o.
ul. Leśna 2
Tel.: ( 82) 576-66-65
Fax: (82) 576-22-14
FTK is a rapidly growing Polish tobacco company. The company deals with contracting and purchasing tobacco leaves, production and storage of industrial tobacco, selling processed and unprocessed tobacco, production of fine-cut tobacco and assembling thereof in consumer packages, and the wholesale of tobacco products.
AGRAM Spółka Akcyjna
ul. Mełgiewska 104
Tel.: (81) 445-25-15
Fax: (81) 445-25-20
AGRAM Co. is 100% Polish company with more than ten years of tradition. The experienced, professional staff of technologists and quality controllers ensure the best quality of deep frozen fruits and vegetables. Thanks to the fact that their cold stores can process and store up to 15,000 tons of frozen food they are a credible partner for both large and small consignees.
Stella Pack S.A.
ul. Krańcowa 67
Tel.: (81) 852-67-00
Fax: (81) 852-67-00
Stella Pack Co. is a general distributor of Stella Pack, Sweet Home and Super Baba brands. The company was established in 2000. It deals with all aspects of administration, trade and marketing of companies making the group of Stella Pack Co. They produce kitchen foil and garbage bags.
Zakłady Mięsne “Dobrosławów” Henryk Amanowicz
Tel.: (81) 881-94-31
Fax: (81) 881-92-33
Meat Processing Plant “Dobrosławów” has got an eighteen-year tradition and experience in the meat industry. Since 2004, “Dobrosławów” has had the right to trade with EU countries. The is also authorized to export to third countries. They export pork half-carcasses, beef quarters and cuts of pork and beef. The value of export for 2009 reached 43% of all sales. “Dobrosławów”exports to the markets of Belarus, Bulgaria, Estonia, Spain, the Netherlands, Kazakhstan, Latvia, Lithuania, Moldova, Russia, Romania, Sweden, Ukraine.
LOTNICZE PRZEDSIĘBIORSTWO USŁUGOWE
“HELISECO” SP. Z O.O.
Aleja Lotników Polskich 1
Tel.: (81) 751-23-49
Fax: (81) 468-09-23
Heliseco was founded in 1975 as a separate entity ZEUŚ within the organizational structure of WSK PZL Swidnik. ZEUŚ dealt with civil helicopter services, in particular, with agro-services, cargo and passengers transport and the implementation research programs concerning the application apparatus installed on helicopters and the training of aviation staff. Since its foundation, the company has offered a wide range of air services in Poland, Egypt, Sudan, Spain, Portugal, and many other countries. Helicopters LPU HELISECO Ltd. has performed over 166,000 hours of service flights.
POL-SKONE Sp. z o.o.
ul. Lucyny Herc 8
Tel.: (81) 744-30-11 do 13
Fax: (81) 744-24-89
POL-SKONE Ltd. is a manufacturer of wooden doors and windows. The company was established in 1990. Since then POL-SKONE has become one of the biggest and most dynamically growing enterprises in woodwork construction. POL-SKONE has a highly developed sales network in Poland but it also exports to the markets of Germany, Holland, France, Italy, Sweden, Lithuania, Latvia, Belarus, Ukraine, Russia, Norway, Czech Republic and Slovakia.
ul. Handlowa 8
Tel.: (81) 751-80-56
POL-INOWEX Co. is a company specializing in assembly and disassembly services of industrial equipment and relocation of complete technological lines and entire plants. It has been present on the market since 1991 and has assembled and disassembled over 20 thousand tons of industrial equipment, machines and complete production lines. It provides services all over Europe. POL-INOWEX SA has a licence to conduct assembly in Russia. They use specialized equipment and tools.
Zakład Budowy Aparatury i Remontów Specjalistycznych MEZAP Sp. z o.o.
Al. 1000-lecia P.P. 13
Tel.: (81) 473-15-30
Fax: (81) 473-15-31
Zakład Budowy Aparatury i Remontów Specjalistycznych MEZAP Ltd. was established in 1993. Their main activity is the construction of the equipment used in chemical, petrochemical, power, paper, food industries. We also offer service and renovation of the equipment.
Instytut Nawozów Sztucznych
Al. Tysiąclecia Państwa Polskiego 13a
Tel.: (81) 473-14-00
Fax: (81) 473-14-10
Fertilizers Research Institute located in Puławy is a state research and development unit with a long lasting tradition, supervised by Ministry of Economy. The scope of their activity covers: research and development works in the field of biology, science and ecology, tests and technical analysis, implementation works, experimental production and research services.
P.P.H. Parys Sp. z o.o.
ul. Lucyny Herc 3
Tel.: (81) 443-12-10
Fax: (81) 443-12-55
P.P.H. Parys Ltd. was founded in 1991. Since then it has operatet in the field of automotive industry. The company wholesales automotive chemicals (including car cosmetics, exploitation liquids, products for automatic and manual car wash, products for car service and repair garages) and car accessories.