For the third time now the companies summarised their participation in the Eastern Poland Economic Promotion Programme. Basing on special surveys, the companies evaluated e.g. the average exports growth, increase in sales and employment, as well as the number and value of new contracts, which are a result of the participation in the Programme.
Under the measures of the Eastern Poland Economic Promotion Programme (EPEPP) implemented so far – i.e. from January 2010 to October 2013 – representatives of 5 voivodeships of Eastern Poland took part in 123 international promotional events (53 fairs, 49 external missions, 7 internal missions, 3 study visits, 5 economic fora and 6 international conferences).The events were attended by 1473 entrepreneurs and 395 representatives of Eastern Poland’s self-governments, as well as 60 foreign companies.
On the basis of surveys sent to 300 companies taking part in the promotional activities and fairs (from January 2010 to October 2013), and which were returned by 171 entrepreneurs, as much as PLN 331,075,232.90„benefits” form the participation in the Eastern Poland Economic Promotion Programme were declared.
These PLN 330 million comprises the following elements:
- conclusion of 520 contracts for the total amount of PLN 269,079,433.99;
- investments in new equipment for the implementation of new contracts, for the amount of PLN 21,879,939.82;
- investments in the construction of new plants:PLN 11,575,000.00;
- investments in the development of a plant, e.g. construction of new production lines or halls for the amount of PLN 28,540,859.29.
The companies concluded of 520 contracts for the total amount of PLN 269,079,433.99.Investments in new equipment for the implementation of new contracts amounted to PLN 21,879,939.82, while investments in the construction of new plants - PLN 11,575,000.00 and in the development of existing plants - PLN 28,540,859.29.Through the companies’ participation in the Eastern Poland Economic Promotion Programme new jobs were created.285 persons were employed, mostly residents of Eastern Poland.Entrepreneurs stated also that the Eastern Poland Economic Promotion Programme contributed to the increase in production – on average by 16%, sales – by 19% and most of all exports – by 51% on average.
- We, as the Polish Information and Foreign Investment Agency are creating opportunities for Eastern Poland companies to present their products on international markets, as well as to win new contacts which may potentially bring new contracts in the future.On the basis of the surveys we clearly see that the Eastern Poland Economic Promotion Programme contributes to the development of individual companies, and thus to the development of the whole macroregion – summarised Bożena Czaja, member of the Board of the Polish Information and Foreign Investment Agency, responsible for the supervision over the project.
The Eastern Poland Economic Promotion Programme, implemented by the Polish Information and Foreign Investment Agency under Measure 1.4 of the Operational Programme Development of Eastern Poland aims at raising the economic competitiveness and attractiveness of the region.The programme assumes promotion of five voivodeships of the Eastern Poland macroregion:Lubelskie, Podkarpackie, Podlaskie, Świętokrzyskie and Warmińsko-Mazurskie.Key goal of the programme is to generate interest in the economic offer of Eastern Poland among potential partners, as well as to accelerate the socio-economic growth of the region.Promotional activity is addressed mainly to the European Union, USA, Russia, China, Korea, India and Persian Gulf countries.Strategic sectors of Eastern Poland include:food production, wood and furniture sectors, BPO, yachting, aviation, chemical and mechanical industry, RES and business tourism.